Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Pause to Think

If you actually like to read this blog of mine, thank you.
I apologize for not blogging as frequently recently as other times. I feel guilty about that, I guess because for years I had deadlines for articles that I had to meet, and it's a habit that's hard to break.
But sometimes life just gets busy, or maybe I just don't like anything that I think I have to say.
This is one of those times.
But I am working on a couple right now that I hope will either entertain, or encourage, or make you think.
I'm doing a lot of reading - just finished a biography of Robert E. Lee, a book about the aftermath of Watergate, a handful of collected sermons by Fred Craddock, a novel by John Gresham. That has caused me to think quite a bit.
I'm starting a collection of essays by Thomas Sowell, a novel by James Patterson, and a book called "The Missing Play from the Playbook" by a former NFL quarterback, coach, and friend of mine named Dave Rader.
And I do a lot of driving. Oh, if only I could translate the thoughts I have while driving into this blog. I'm so brilliant, with such insight, about mile marker 93 along I-65!
But I have taken a pledge not to text and drive, and I assume that includes don't actually write and drive, so I always hope whatever insight and ideas I have will come back to me in time.
Sometimes they do.
Sometimes they do, and I realize they weren't as great as I thought while riding along the highway.
Sometimes they don't come back. That's frustrating.
But if you care, there's more coming. Soon.
And I appreciate the dialogue these things sometimes starts.
Usually the responses are far smarter than whatever I've written, and I'm encouraged, built up, educated, and caused to pause to think.
Thanks. And let's keep the dialogue open.

No comments:

Post a Comment